Everyone has heard the old maxim, “If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.” The United States of America is perilously close to being un-united, and it’s an unfortunate truth that Christians are part of the problem.
Don’t click the X just yet.
We have ungodly leaders in office right now. Morals are on a rapid decline, deception is rampant, and we are standing idly by, letting the enemy steal, kill and destroy what is rightfully ours! It’s a dark, dark world, my friends, we cannot afford to become accustomed to the darkness!
Start with yourself.
Until Christians come together, agreeing in prayer, asking for God’s will over our own wills, wants, and traditions, we will not see revival. That means we all have to get along: the Church of Christ with the Pentecostals, the Charismatics with the Baptists, the Methodists with the interdenominational believers. It’s not our jobs to debate the rights and wrongs wearing of pants, dancing, or music in the church, or any religious tradition, with a brother or sister in Christ.
If we all get into our God-appointed positions, armed with the word of God, the Bible, our sword, and prayerfully come together praying God’s will in America, we will see revival as we have never seen it before. And you just may begin to see that what you thought was important isn’t, and what you brushed over as unimportant is, indeed, important.
You may be part of the problem if:
- You are not praying for the leaders of our country. That does not mean praying that they will come around to your way of thinking. No, that means praying “Thy kingdom come, THY WILL BE DONE ON EARTH as it is in Heaven" Praying for our leaders to be in God’s will. (Matt. 6:10)
- You bash the President of the United States, then spout Bible verses: Blessings and cursing, this ought not to be! (James 3:8-10) Pray for our leaders.
- You bash congress, your local officials, or your next door neighbor.
- You still think this is a war between conservatives and liberals and not spiritual warfare.
- You post in social networking sites disrespectful, touched up photos of the president, other leaders, celebrities, or anyone else, making it appear they are doing things they are not. For example, there is a picture circulating around that has been photo-shopped to look like Obama is kissing UK Prime Minister David Cameron. You are disrespecting the highest office of America, and disrespecting the man God has allowed to be in office. If you don't want him there, PRAY GOD's WILL for America!
- You use your words carelessly in anything that you say, politically or in your daily life. We will all give account for every idle word we speak.
- The same goes for what you write, anonymously or otherwise.
- You don’t vote.
- You vote according to party/race/gender without prayerfully seeking the will of God before casting your vote.
- You let prejudices and biases get in the way of helping others.
Are you ready for some JUSTICE?
I have a lot to say about justice…coming soon.